Character design is the art of creating realistic and recognizable characters for comics, websites, vector illustrations, and even animated films. Not only do you have to have a mastery of whatever character design software that you’re using, such as Photoshop or Illustrator, but you also have to understand how to capture and illustrate emotions and body language.
In this character design tutorial roundup, we’ve gathered up the best Illustrator tutorials and Photoshop tutorials for character illustration. These character illustration tutorials will take you through step by step on your journey of creating your own illustrated characters.
If you want a quick background on character design, there is a great thread on CGSociety: Character Design Tutorial
If you aren’t interested in this character design tutorial roundup, these other Photoshop tutorial roundups might interest you as well:
- High Quality Instructive Photoshop Wallpaper Tutorials
- Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects
- The Best Photoshop Tutorials from February 2011
- 100 Best Photoshop Tutorials of All Time that Yield Professional Results
- 11 Excellent Photoshop Tutorials to Boost Creativity
- 12 Essential and Quality Photoshop Tutorials for Everyone
- 10 Tilt Shift Tutorials for Photography and Photoshop
- 50 Best Photoshop Text Effect Tutorials
- The Top 50 Best Photoshop Tutorials of 2010
- The Top 20 Photoshop Tutorials from August 2010
- Best Photoshop 3D Text Effect Tutorials
- 30 Best Adobe Photoshop CS5 Video Tutorials
Let us know if you have your own character design tutorial in the comments! Also, be sure to let us know which character design tutorial was your favorite!