Typography is one of the core areas of design, but it is often overlooked in fields of design, and many of us have seen a plethora of cheesy text effects that attempt to pass for quality typography. But, in high quality design, mastering typography is an essential component. In many print advertisements, typography is the core aspect of the design, because it communicates both text and a visual concept.
In this post, we’ll examine some spectacular examples of typography in print advertising. Let us know in the comments what you think of each piece, or if you’ve come across any other examples.
If you’re wondering how to create designs like this, check out our lists of the best Photoshop tutorials:
- 20 Illustrator Tutorials that Will Make You A Better Designer
- 100 Best Illustrator Tutorials of All Time (From Newbie to Pro)
- The 40 Best Illustrator Tutorials from 2010
- 100 Best Photoshop Tutorials of All Time that Yield Professional Results
- 11 Excellent Photoshop Tutorials to Boost Creativity
- 12 Essential and Quality Photoshop Tutorials for Everyone
- 10 Tilt Shift Tutorials for Photography and Photoshop
Let us know if you found them useful!
WMF Knives – Apple
Everythign in Every Thing by Fil Dunsky
Hwa-Young Hotel Balloons
Webber Wentzel Attorneys Firemen
Jung von Matt – Anatomy of a Great Idea
ACAB – All Cars and Bikes
Dom in Rock
Lexus CT 200H
NSPCC Thank You
Energia School: Solid Foundation
Grupo Vhiver: Cell
CTS Graphic: Typography